We recognize that it’s time-consuming for an organization to apply for support, so we encourage you to carefully review the following information before applying.
Request for support will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The key area of support for which a grant is requested.
- Nalcor Energy focuses its community investments on Education and Youth, and Arts and Culture.
- Hydro focuses its community investments on Safety and Health, and Environment and Conservation. Please visit www.nlhydro.com/community/ for more information on organizations that Hydro supports.
- Location of proposed project – project should support community initiatives in Newfoundland and Labrador and be located in an area of the province in which Nalcor or Hydro has business operations.
- Potential to be leveraged with additional resource investments
- The ability of the project to develop meaningful partnerships with organizations throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Volunteer opportunities for Nalcor and Hydro employees and/or retirees to contribute to enhancing the project and/or organization.
- Opportunities for recognition of Nalcor or Hydro’s investment as a corporate partner.
Exclusions from Funding
We are unable to fund all requests, and applications from the following types of organizations will not be considered:
- Organizations that are not Canadian registered charities or non-profit groups
- For-profit organizations
- Individuals or private foundations or clubs
- Service clubs, commercial solicitors or third parties raising funds for a charity
- Religious organizations or any religiously affiliated groups
- Political organizations, candidates and/or lobby/advocacy groups
Requests for the following funding types of sponsorship will also not be considered:
- Travel, accommodations, meal expenses, conference fees, field trips and tours
- Feasibility studies
- Debt-reduction or core operating expenses
- Direct-mail campaigns
- Statues, monuments and memorials