At a Glance
Nalcor has long been committed to building a culture of safety amongst its employees and the work we do.
We're proud of our accomplishments, and continue to strive for excellence.
- We’ve cut our lost-time injuries by 50 per cent in 2010.
- Our Safe Workplace Observation Program reporting has almost 7000 SWOPs.
- Safety lead/lag ratio target exceeded (ratio of safety observations to incidents).
- Hydro’s Work Protection Code implemented and 100 per cent of required personnel trained.
In addition, our environmental commitments continue their record of excellence. We’ve hit key milestones such as:
- Churchill Falls completed 100 per cent of its Environmental Management System targets and milestones.
- takeCHARGE energy efficiency programs resulted in almost seven gigawatt hours of energy savings from Hydro retail customers and its own facilities.
Nalcor continues to work towards even higher standard of environmental excellence in our full range of business dealings, from day-to-day office work to our most ambitious projects.