How to Apply
All requests must be in writing and can be submitted by e-mail, fax or posted mail. Any supplemental information should also be submitted with your application.
Applications should include the following information:
- Full name of the group/organization and contact information including contact person, e-mail and mailing addresses and telephone numbers
- Identify if your group is a Canadian registered charity or a non-profit group registered with the Provincial Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- A brief history of the organization, its purpose, the significance of its work, who your work benefits and the geographic area(s) your group serves
- Description of the specific project or program for which funding is sought, including: the location(s), date of event and demographics of the audience
- Identify which of Nalcor or Hydro’s key areas of support your request falls under. Please click here for an overview of Nalcor and Hydro’s focus areas of support
- Amount of financial or in-kind investment requested
- Description of sponsorship levels available and corresponding recognition of sponsors
- Identify if volunteer opportunities are available for Nalcor and Hydro employees and/or retirees
- Exposure the project is expected to receive (e.g., media, government, etc.)
- Plan for project evaluation and measurement
- Names of other corporate donors and their levels of support (if available)
- Deadline for investment decision or other key dates
While we accept applications at any time, funding is limited and based on annual budgets (fiscal year is January to December). We recommend that you submit your application a minimum of three months in advance of the project/event, if possible.
You can expect to hear from us in about four to six weeks after you apply. All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until our annual Community Investment Program budget has been exhausted.
Nalcor and Hydro will not give to the same organization more than once in the same year and requests must be submitted each year for review. Annual and ongoing support should not be assumed.
Where to Send Requests
Please forward your application and information to:
Fax: (709) 737-1816
Corporate Communication & Shareholder Relations
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro
P.O. Box 12400
St. John’s, NL A1B 4K7